There Is More To Pain Relief Than Meets The Eye
How often do we reflect on the wants and needs of people who live a life with unresolved pain issues, autoimmune diseases or maybe even live a life with a terminal illness?
We often associate pain relief with a relieve of just physical body pains, aches and discomforts and forget about it – being unaware of, – or maybe even ignore the effect of the social and emotional pain as well. Not only for the sufferer but also the bearing it has for the loved ones, family and friends.
Imagine then, the desperation of a family and their young, outgoing and energetic twelve-year-old boy, suffering from an autoimmune disease that attacks the normal cells of the liver and causes inflammation and liver damage. Each and every day is an exhausting physical, emotional and mental struggle.
This young boy not only suffers from body tightness along with chest and body pains 24/7; the chronic pain, strong medication, multiple compression fractures and resulting fatigue means that he needs to wear braces to support his joints. He walks with the aid of holding onto furniture at home and is dependent on a wheelchair on outings.
He now misses out on many school days and is unable to participate in his usual, beloved physical activities. He is also missing out on his social life with family and friends, and is more and more dependent on help from others while living a life filled with regular medical visits.
Listening To Understand
From listening to their stories of multiple health and hospital visits over the last many years, their sincere concern for his health and side-effects from being dependent on strong medication, it was obvious there was a profound uncertainty about the long-term prognoses.
I soon realised that a simple release of muscle tension and pain might be the least of their concerns.
They were in desperate need of someone to take the time to really listen – to understand the emotional and mental challenges they were facing.
I wasn’t sure how much more I could do to help this lovely young boy and his family. Nonetheless, I asked if they would welcome me to their home to give them physical, emotional and mental support to help them overcome some of their daily challenges in life. Fortunately enough, they welcomed the offer with an extended hospitality.
Pain Relief – The Power Of Human Touch
Most often it is not only about what you hear, but how you hear it and what you really see.
It might not always be enough to ask what the client wants or needs. Some people are too shy or too humble to ask for help and in a situation like that it can be of great benefit to reach out to them and offer an extended helping hand.
There is so much more to pain relief that meets the eye. It’s a matter that forever reminds me of the huge power of just a small human touch. And it totally underpins my mission of alleviating pain one touch at the time.
Do you have a similar story? Please share it with us.
CONTACT & CONNECT
SIGN UP & DOWNLOAD
EXPLORE & READ
- Techniques To Help Golfers With Pain Management
- Shoulder Pain Gets Benched – Recovering After Axillary Nerve Injury
- From Tennis Elbow To Winning The Serve
- From Crutches To High Heels – A Girl’s Story Of Getting Back On Her Feet
- How To Create A Meaningful Business One Small Touch At The Time
- Three Thousand Years And Nadia – Winning The Battle (Part 4 of 4)
- Three Thousand Years And Nadia – Was It A Miracle? (Part 3 of 4)
- Three Thousand Years And Nadia – Taking The Leap (Part 2 of 4)
- Three Thousand Years And Nadia – WHY I Do What I Do (Part 1 of 4)
- 2016 Retrospect + 2017 Launch
- A New Beginning – A Woman’s Story In Surviving Breast Cancer
- There Is More To Pain Relief Than Meets The Eye
- Getting Back In Tune – A Singer’s Process In Healing Reflux and Flatulence
- Order A Copy Of PAIN FREE Today!
- Does A Treatment Have To Be Painful And Invasive To Be Effective?
- Are You Comfortable In Your Seat?
- How To Overcome Irregular Heartbeat From Stress
- Born To Ride – Jumping Back To Full Health After A Tail Bone Injury
- A New Lease on Life
- To The Peak Of Physical Performance From Chronic Knee And Achilles Pain
- From Suffering Intense Sciatica Pain – To Being Back In The Saddle
- How A Life Full Of Migraine Is Now A Life Full Of Life
- Amazing Things Really Are Possible
- Low Back Pain – Not One Size Suit Fits All
- They Could Be You – You Could Be Them
- What Does A Ferrari Have To Do With Persistent Lower Back Pain
- 3 Ways To Use An All-Purpose Gel Pack For Relief Of Pain, Discomfort and Treating Minor Injuries
- 5 Questions To Ask Before Engaging A Pain Therapist
- Why You Should Consider Drinking More Water
- Persistent Pain
- 8 Simple Suggestions For A Successful Visit With Your Health Practitioner
- The Huge Power of Just a Small Touch
- Passionate Person – Occupational Therapist Else Strom Vistisen
- My First Book PAIN FREE Has Just Been Published
- The Mother and The Therapist
- What Does Michelin Tyre Pressure Have In Common With Preventing Physical Body Injuries?
- How On Earth Can You Believe That You Can Return To Your Best?
- 7 Ways You Can Deal With Neck Pain, Lower Back Pain or Knee Pain Right Now
- EL Spotlight Interview